First Night at Colchester Canoe Club
What will you need on your first night?
Where are we?
We are based by the old swimming pool in Colchester. If you are coming from the A12, you will come along the Colne Bank Avenue (A133 or Avenue of Remembrance). At the roundabout go straight across heading for Leisure World (A133). Take the first turning left onto Belle Vue Road, CO1 1XA (this is a resedential street, please take it easy). At the end of Belle Vue Road turn left and go down the dirt track to find our parking. Directions, an interactive map and contact details can be found on our Contact us page.
What to Bring
All you shall need to bring on the night is:
- Your money. See our fees page for more information.
- Old trainers or similar to protect your feet
- A cagoule to keep the wind out
- Shorts or tracksuit bottoms
- Spare dry clothing to get changed into afterwards
- You can print out, fill in and bring a registration form which can be found below to print out. Or you can fill one in here at the club on the night
- If you are under 18 then you will need a parent/guardian to sign your registration form
When are we open?
Colchester Canoe Club runs club nights every Wednesday whilst we are on British Summer Time - end March to end October.
- Summer paddles start at around 6.30pm, but try to be there for around 6.20 if its your first time
- Finish at around 9pm
- Parents are asked not to leave under 16's unattended at the club if no one is at the club
Other useful information
We have included a registartion form below for all new starters. If you could print this off, fill it in and bring it on your first visit then we would be most grateful and this will speed up the time it takes to get you on the river.
As with all water sports safety is of a high importance. We have produced a Health and Safety page to provide you with some information and links that may make your kayaking experience a safer one.
We look forward to seeing you soon.